Hey, friends! Long time no see!! I’ll talk about what’s been going on a little below, but first: hello! I hope you’ve been doing super-well, especially as we enter a fresh, shiny year. Tell me what you’ve been up to! Tell me what you’re looking forward to in the year to come! Let’s chat.
HEY GALE, WHERE YA BEEN
So you might remember that I finished comic book grad school! Patbird and I moved to a new place in NY – together at last!! – and I was offered my dream comic book deal, and then things got… pretty busy! So my lack of updates can be attributed to a few things:
- Drawing all the things all the time! I also did this in grad school, but as it turns out, that midnight oil I’d been burning was not as easily burned with a Patbird around. Cooking actual meals that humans could eat, not just technically? Setting aside time for real live dates?? AM I BRAGGING ABOUT LIVING WITH MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND? MAYBE
- The snowball effect! With this comic, I’ve tried to keep people up to date with our goings-on, and there are only more goings-on to update on the more time’s passed between comics and suddenly there’s way too much to encapsulate in one little post! Friends! Babies! Weddings! Pets!!!
- 2016 happened! I was stressing out about politics, and it felt a little weird doing funtimes autobio comics not-about-that. Which is totally on me, I know. And it’s not like all that stuff went away with the new year! Ahhhhh!
OKAY BUT YOU’RE POSTING NOW, WHAT’S UP
New year, fresh start! Here are my goals:
- Less focus on polish, more on putting stuff out there! I might not have as much time as I used to, but this is still a fun side project that I’d like to keep going. Maybe spot colors sometimes, or tidy pencils – who knows! The endgame isn’t finishing big things, just sharing stuff and having a good time.
- Play with production methods to let #1 happen!
- Update semiregularly! I don’t want to promise a regular schedule, but I’d like to at least throw more comics at the wall.
ANY FUN LIFE UPDATES?
yes!!! WE DOUBLED OUR NUMBER OF PETS IN 2016. DIPPER AND SERENA ARE OUR SWEET CUTE RABBITS AND WE LOVE THEM VERY MUCH. LOOK FORWARD TO 8000 BUNNY COMICS.
GET OUTTA HERE, GALE